Friday, January 21, 2011

“One of the worst feelings in the world is having to doubt something that you thought was unquestionable.”

Whether religion, or the one you have fallen in love with, or the family who has raised you since birth, there are certain things in life that you consider to be reliable, dependable and unchanging. These are the things in life that you would never dream of having to question. So with those things in mind, what if you suddenly were put in a position of doubt? Of question?

I love it because it makes me think. It makes me think about all of the things and people I hold closest to my heart, and what were to happen if I lost them, or my trust in them. And then it also sends me a subtle reminder to appreciate all of the love and support I’m given each and every day. That if I reached out for a helping hand or a supportive embrace, it would be there. And I am forever grateful for the ones in my life that I know will always be there.

But with this knowledge now in mind and having experienced times of doubt in people I never imagined I’d question, I like to believe it’s made me a stronger person. It’s opened my eyes to a newfound appreciation. It’s allowed me to put my best foot forward. Hopefully, you can take something valuable away from this quote, just as I have.

No comments: